The Master program in Hospital Management targets any professional or health practitioner wishing to acquire various skills in Corporate Governance and Leadership that focus on health-related issues in compliance with the local and regional health sector requirements.Following a long history in the healthcare sector, LGU has carefully designed an innovative, multidisciplinary program with a practical approach to meet the needs of directors and heads of departments in hospitals and public or private health institutions.
The first part of the program provides candidates with a solid foundation in Management, Leadership, Strategy, and basic Quantitative and Financial skills. It also enables them to gain competencies in specific governance issues relating to healthcare organizations, including human resources and facilities management. The second part allows candidates to acquire the needed knowledge in healthcare quality and accreditation systems in compliance with the latest Lebanese and international standards.
Upon completion of the program, participants will be able to:
• Demonstrate effective leadership as well as project management and communication skills required in health care environments;
• Make strategic business decisions based on qualitative and quantitative data;
• Understand the Lebanese health care system and international healthcare economics;
• Solve complex problems relating to the healthcare environment by employing analytical and critical-thinking skills;
• Implement and monitor quality management systems within their departments / organizations in compliance with the newest trends and standards;
• Identify how healthcare facilities should be designed and organized in compliance with quality criteria;
• Assess the social and ethical challenges involved in the healthcare environment;
• Understand a hospital auditing process and the quality requirements set by the main certification bodies (JCI, ISO, Lebanese standards).
The program extends over 4 regular semesters. Each course consists of a theoretical part, a practical part, and a field-based part. In each course, participants will develop their own projects relating to the subject content and work environment. Each candidate is assessed through a combination of examinations, team exercises, group projects, and synthesis tasks.
A Global Research Project is required at the end of the program. It allows participants to integrate and consolidate the concepts acquired throughout the program and provide a solution or suggest improvement to a strategic issue within a private or public institution.
The curriculum focuses on 3 complementary topics:
– Principles of management, leadership and corporate governance, in addition to quantitative methods and financial data;
– Specific health topics relating to health economics and healthcare systems, management of health establishments and health facilities management;
– Advanced skills concentrating on healthcare quality management and accreditation with emphasis on their practical application;
Holders of a Master degree in Hospital Management will land managerial positions in any hospital, or in public or private health institutions. Managers will also enhance their knowledge and competencies in the field in order to reinforce their current position and bring an added-value to their institution. Graduates can also work as healthcare consultants.
– Courses are delivered mainly in English, two to three times a week in the evening to accommodate work schedules. Seminars given by international speakers will be held intensively over one week.
– Highly qualified industry-related professors from Lebanon and partner universities are in charge of interactive courses with international exposure in view of producing a professional project.
– Seminars abroad are available.
• BA or BS from a recognized university with a good GPA level;
• Interview with the Graduate Admission Committee;
• Bridging courses, if needed.